Every Voter Counts
Best practices and basic accommodation information for supporting voters with disabilities.
Voters with disabilities are guaranteed the right to access campaign, rally, and election spaces, and to vote privately and independently as prescribed by federal laws. Inclusion of and access for voters with disabilities is not just good practice; it is the law!
This course offers basic information about:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); and basic accommodation information to support voters who have
- mobility disabilities;
- who are Deaf and hard of hearing;
- who are blind;
- who have developmental disabilities; and
- who use a service animal.
What to expect:
- Self-paced video slide-based lecture format;
- The Arc of Aurora's THINK+change team as your trainers, as well as special guests from The Arc of Aurora, Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (CCDC), and Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council as your trainers.
- 30 minutes of content over six lessons;
- Closed captioning in English; and
- Downloadable Certificate of Completion.
Who should take this course:
- Anyone who supports voters with disabilities.
Due to the varying requirements of different organizations and disciplines, THINK+change does not seek prior accreditation of educational courses for CLE/CEUs. Please consult the rules of your organization regarding the procedures of receiving continuing education credits. This course may qualify for up to 30 minutes of CLE/CEU, and you will also receive a digital certificate verifying your completion of this course. If you require further verification or have other questions, please contact us.
This training has been made possible by support from Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (CCDC), Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council, Developmental Pathways, and THINK+change/The Arc of Aurora.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.