Living Well: Host Home Service Delivery Option
Learn about Colorado host home eligibility, services & supports provided, & how to find a right fit.
- Medicaid and intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) eligibility for long-term services and support;
- Home and Community-Based Services Waivers (HCBS) for adults with IDD;
- What a Host Home is;
- Tenant Rights and Responsibilities;
- Becoming a Host Home Provider (HHP);
- Person-Centered Planning and Self-Determination;
- At-risk Adults;
- Host Home Provider Rights and Responsibilities; and
- How to Find the Right Fit.
- A 45-minute self-paced video slide-based course;
- Members of The Arc of Aurora's Advocacy team as your trainers;
- Closed captioning in English;
- Multiple downloadable TOOLS including an Adult HCBS Colorado Waiver Chart, Critical Incidence Reporting TOOL, Host Home Interview Questionnaire for Host Home Providers, Host Home Interview Questionnaire for people with IDD and their families; and a
- Downloadable Certificate of Participation.
- People with IDD interested in the Colorado host home option;
- Parents of children with IDD in Colorado;
- Individuals interested in becoming a Host Home Provider;
- Community Centered Board (CCB) and Single Entry Point (SEP) employees;
- Professionals that serve and support people with IDD such as victim service providers, healthcare workers, school personnel, and;
- Program Approved Services Agency (PASA) staff.
Due to the varying requirements of different
organizations and disciplines, THINK+change does not seek prior accreditation
of educational courses for CLE/CEUs. Please consult the rules of your
organization regarding the procedures of receiving continuing education
credits. This course may qualify for up to 50 minutes of CLE/CEU, and you
will also receive a digital certificate verifying your completion of this
course. If you require further verification or have other questions,
This training is brought to you by THINK+change, a training, and education program of The Arc of Aurora.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.