Schooling at Home
Your guide to remote and hybrid learning with Individualized Education Program (IEP) supports.
Who would have thought the 2020/21 school year would bring so much uncertainty? It's been complicated! But, don't worry, we are here to help! Consider enrolling in this training so you are better prepared to support your child who has an Individualized Education Program (IEP) while schooling at home.
This no-cost training will review:
- Schooling options for children with IEP supports during COVID-19;
- How to address schooling issues for your child as they arise;
- The importance of collecting documentation and how to; and
- Accessing your procedural rights.
What to expect:
- A 30 minute self-paced video slide-based lecture course;
- The Arc of Aurora's Advocacy team as your trainers;
- Closed captioning in English and Spanish subtitles; and
- Multiple downloadable TOOLS.
Who should take this course:
- Parents and caregivers of children with disabilities.
This project has been made possible by support from The Arc’s national partnership with the Comcast Foundation.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.