2021/2022 Trauma Informed Lens and Children with Developmental Disabilities
Offered by Erica Dennison, The Arc of Aurora and Laura McArthur, PhD, Resilient Futures
SPECIAL NOTE: Please do not enroll in this course unless we have specifically outreached you. This content is specific to the intended audience of North Aurora educators within Aurora Public Schools in Colorado.
Through community wrap-around supports, we can collectively reduce rates of school suspensions, expulsion, and referrals to law enforcement for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)! Part 1 of this training series, in partnership with Resilient Futures, is intended to help educators, administrators, and school employees within North Aurora Public Schools in having a better understanding of trauma and children with developmental disabilities.
Part 2 - Trauma Informed Lens and Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD);
- IDD and communication;
- IDD and behavior;
- Trauma and disability; and
- Opportunities to support and transform.
What to expect
- A 45-minute, self-paced, video slide-based presentation;
- Laura McArthur, PhD with Resilient Futures, and Erica Dennison, The Arc of Aurora as your presenters;
- Digital Certificate of Completion;
- Closed captioning in English; and
- Spanish Subtitles
Who should take this course?
- Educators, administrators, Paraprofessionals, and other school personnel who work specifically at a North Aurora school within Aurora Public Schools in Aurora, Colorado.
- NOTE: Please do not enroll in this course unless we have specifically outreached you. This content is specific to the intended audience of North Aurora educators within Aurora Public Schools in Colorado.
This work is made possible through support from the Denver Foundation Transforming Safety Grant. A program of the Colorado Department of Local Affairs.
Due to the varying requirements of different organizations and disciplines, THINK+change does not seek prior accreditation of educational courses for CLE/CEUs. Please consult the rules of your organization regarding the procedures for receiving continuing education credits. Each course may qualify for up to 1 hour and 15 minutes of CLE/CEU. You will also receive a digital certificate verifying your completion of the course to submit. If you require further verification or have other questions, please contact us.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.