The Power of a Collective Voice
Master the Art of Creating a Speakers Bank! Together we can help people with disabilities and their families speak their truth about topics and issues that are important to them!
You will walk away with a basic understanding of:
- What is a Speakers Bank;
- Why and how to create a Speakers Bank;
- How to prepare speakers;
- Steps to help deliver a dynamic speech; and
- Ways to increase public speaking confidence.
What to expect
- A 45-minute, self-paced, video slide-based presentation;
- Members of The Arc of Aurora team as your presenters;
- Six downloadable TOOLS; and
- Closed captioning in English.
Who should take this course
- Those interested in creating a Speakers Bank;
- Those interested in joining a Speakers Bank; and
- Those who want to improve public speaking skills.
THINK+change offers solutions-focused training and education that change knowledge, attitude, and behavior to ultimately improve the quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). THINK+change is a training and education program of The Arc of Aurora which was incorporated in 1975 as an advocacy organization for people with IDD. Since the inception of THINK+change in 2017, the education program has been a trailblazer in disability education and has trained and brought together thousands of people with IDD, their families, and the professionals in their lives who want to keep up with trends and developments in the disability field and grow professionally. All people with disabilities deserve respect and deserve better.